Why choose the TAP SDK?
- Trustonic TAP provides a single SDK for protecting apps across all devices. This gives app developers the benefit of building in the best security possible, without having to integrate with individual devices.
- There is one common set of API, built upon standards, so no need to worry about proprietary manufacturer specifications.
- It is the only solution to offer the best security level available on each device.
- The most comprehensive set of protection tools including White Box Cryptography and Code Protection
How it works
The TAP SDK provides you with a set of tools and build scripts that allows you to integrate your existing or new application with native code that runs in the TEE. The tools are configurable to give TEE or Hybrid protection, so you can choose the level of support for your target devices.
The Hybrid Trusted Application will run on a device that doesn’t have a Trustonic TEE, thanks to the unique fallback mechanism, which allows the same code to be executed in Whitebox mode.
The TAP SDK is available as a free evaluation. Click here to contact Trustonic to learn how you can start working with TAP.
Which platform/tools do I need to develop with TAP?
The TAP SDK for Android requires either a Mac or a PC running Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04.
You will also need the Android SDK and NDK.
If you are developing Trusted Applications for iOS, you will need a Mac running Xcode 8 or above.
Which devices can I use to get started?
You can install your Trusted Application onto a commercial Android device that has a Trustonic TEE and root of trust built into it at manufacture. These devices provide an easy way to test your code and provide useful debug when running in TEE mode.
These TEE-enabled devices include:
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S7 and S8
- LG K10 (2017)
The same application can also be run on any Android device in Software Protection mode.